After hearing rumours on the grapevine earlier last week, Sport-locker.net can now officially reveal that Nike have announced a new partnership with the Football Association that will see them design and create the kits for men and women’s England teams at every level.
The first England kits to bear the Nike Swoosh will be launched in Spring 2013, to mark the FA’s 150th anniversary – marking the end of a 60-year period with Umbro (with a bit of Admiral in between)!
The partnership will run until 31st July 2018 and represents a substantial investment, which will be reinvested by The FA back into the game across all levels, from the senior team to grassroots.
The partnership includes the following elements:
• Supplying kit and match balls to all of Club England’s 24 football teams at every level, including the men’s national teams, women’s, Futsal, disability and amateur.
• Sponsorship and support of St George’s Park, the home of the National Football Centre in Burton-upon-Trent, which in addition to hosting the England senior team will train and develop a generation of coaches, referees and medical staff every year.
• Supporting partner of Wembley Stadium, the home of English football.
• Supporting partner for The FA Cup, supplying match balls for games at each level of the world’s most famous club cup competition.
• Supply of product to The FA county organisations