adidas have released three brand spanking new golf shoes ahead of the British summer and Sport-locker.net has the low down on each model…
TOUR360 X Boa
Retail Intro date: 1st May
- Lightweight synthetic upper with climaproof provides a great combination of comfort, protection and performance
TPU saddle and an external heel counter provide 360WRAP stability
- New 9-cleat thintech TPU outsole features Swing Plane Traction and new CenTraXion cleat to create incredible grip and stability
- Low-profile Stealth cleat offers greater surface area contact, more cushioning, improved green friendliness, and tour-proven traction
- Soft EVA midsole features deep flex grooves for puremotion® flexibility and cushioning comfort
- New tour performance last specifically-designed to be wider in the forefoot for improved fit, feel and overall comfort
- fitfoam PU sockliner provides great cushioning, support and comfort
- Features our most advanced Boa® Closure System with incremental pull & push structure conveniently located on top center tongue for easier, more customizable, and micro adjustability
Technologies: Swing Plane Traction, CenTraXion, climaproof®, 360WRAP, fitfoam®, thintech®, Stealth cleat, Boa® Closure System
Retail Intro date: 1st May
- Mesh climacool® upper for excellent breathability while maintaining internal comfort
- Constructed with a lightweight, flexible upper that provides a glove-like fit and added comfort around the foot
- Molded TPU saddle with perforation and bonded PU film provides extra support, stability, and breathability
- Stretch gore collar for easy on/off versatility and comfort
- New sprintframe outsole featuring spikeless puremotion® technology for enhanced flexibility and comfort
- Swing Plane Traction for increased grip and stability
- Lightweight cloudfoam sockliner provides ultra-light cushioning and comfort
- adiwear™ rubber outsole lugs provides long-lasting abrasion resistance and traction
- Built on the iconic supernova running last for extreme comfort
- A proprietary technology that provides 360-degree ventilation to keep the foot cool, dry and comfortable
Technologies: adiwear™, climacool®, sprintframe, Swing Plane Traction, puremotion®, cloudfoam, thintech®
Retail Intro date: 1st June
- Revolutionary Cushioning Technology Set to Change the Game in Golf Footwear – boost technology is designed to deliver maximum energy return, responsiveness and unparalleled comfort
- Taking everything learned from boost technology’s remarkable success in running, basketball and baseball, designers have created the most comfortable footwear in adidas Golf history.
- adidas’ innovative boost foam cushioning is comprised of thousands of TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) energy capsules fused together by way of a proprietary high pressure steam molding process. At their core, these capsules are the essence of the innovation; its function, storing and releasing energy efficiently throughout the swing and delivering maximum energy return as athletes perform.
- boost foam retains consistent cushioning and is incredibly responsive in both hot and cold conditions
- Combined with a lace-in saddle, fitsleeve tongue wrapping, external heel counter and a fitfoam ® PU sockliner, adipower boost delivers a more precise, comfortable fit for all golfers
- Placed gripmore cleats of varying sizes, strategically locating them on the outsole to deliver improved and more efficient traction and stability where it’s needed most.
- Clear Grey / White / Collegiate Navy will be worn by adidas Golf Tour professionals at the BMW Championships
What do you think of the new adidas golf shoes? Let us know in the comments section below or on our Twitter and Facebook pages.