Attention SportLocker readers – we have something huge to announce.
Finally, after months of speculation (and dodgy boot spotting), the latest edition to the Nike Tiempo family has arrived. Behold, the Nike Tiempo Legend IV Elite people!
Nike claim 17 years of relentless craftsmanship has gone into the newest Tiempo – which they believe stands for touch, heritage and craftsmanship.
And on first impression, they look as if they are here to stay.
Some would say the leather Mecurial Vapor SuperFly has been created – and what a boot that sounds like!
Nike have never been afraid to push the boundaries when it comes to technological development. It pretty much goes hand in hand that a new Nike boot will bring something new to the table – something which that have certainly done with their latest boot.
The Tiempo Legend IV Elite is part of Nike Football’s DNA and with that comes a responsibility to its tradition and heritage, but also a commitment to innovation.
The vibrant orange pop from the tongue, heel graphic, stud tips and laces is a testament to the boot’s evolution, while maintaining the crafted nature of its lineage.
The Tiempo Legend IV Elite’s premium leather is strong and soft, giving the player extra comfort, touch and control.
Combine the unmatched touch and feel of the boot with innovations such as carbon fibre plate, Flywire upper and stud configuration and you have a legend reborn.
Enhanced vamp stitching is strategically placed in order to create lateral support and a natural touch while minimizing any overstretch.
The new sockliner has been designed to cushion and retain shape while superior support in the arch and heel leads to a more responsive boot to meet demands of player movement.
The light carbon plate remains flat, enhancing rigidity while avoiding stiffness, and a combination of rounded studs and two central blades offer critical and improved traction where players need it most.
Nike Flywire technology has been added and offers superior midfoot lockdown, giving tremendous support while aiding the boot’s comfort and manoeuvrability.
The Tiempo Legend IV Elite is also the lightest Tiempo yet, coming in at 20g lighter than its predecessor.
SportLocker are putting their necks out here but we reckon there will be plenty a pros moving to the new Tiempo – so keep your eyes peeled!
They truly are a stunning pair of football boots.
So what do you get for 275 of your hard earned British Pound Sterling?
Well, apart from a ruddy stunning pair of football boots, you also get a 27 page book (made with the same leather and Flywire technology as the boot itself, no less) detailing the Tiempo’s history.
And below, SportLocker can reveal some of the key facts inside:
– It takes 128 steps to create the new Tiempo Legend IV Elite and a total of 80 different components.
– 56.50 metres of Flywire technology and 4,751 stitches go into each boot.
– Developed for Nike football, the leather has a 0.99mm thickness compared to the usual 1.5mm used elsewhere, and with minimal PU (Polyurethane) coating it is even lighter and softer than before, aiding an ultimate – even supernatural – touch.
– A carbon fibre sole unit reduces the weight of the Tiempo by 40g making it more responsive and ensuring greater performance.
– Working with the craftsmen at Montebelluna, Flywire threads were bonded to the leather without sacrificing any softness (and therefore touch).
– “The new Tiempo offers respect for the heritage of the boot, and what we wanted the Tiempo to represent. That is, a style of shoemaking, a snug fit, design that is understated not flamboyant. It’s about refinement and simplicity; it’s about respect for the athlete, not flashy design or features. It’s a timeless piece of craftsmanship.” (Nike bigwig, Dave Daley)
The Nike Tiempo Legend IV Elite football boot will be available to pre-order from June 20th for a July 1st launch.
And keep logging on to SportLocker, as over the coming weeks, we endeavour to get our hands on a pair of these quality boots and put them through a rigorous playtest.