Yesterday Sport-locker.net revealed Nike’s latest campaign for 2012 – Make It Count.
Launched on Twitter, athletes pledged how they plan to make this year count, and are challenging you to do the same under the hashtag #makeitcount.
And today we can show how Rio Ferdinand and his fellow football friends have taken to the new campaign.
Manchester United ace Rio Ferdinand pledged he has ‘More to Learn. Plenty to teach,’ whilst one of England’s brightest footballing hopes Jack Wilshere pledged to, ‘Come back for club. Prove it for country.’
What the footballers Tweeted:
- Wayne Rooney – @WayneRooney – ‘My resolution – to start the year as a champion, and finish it as a champion’
- Rio Ferdinand – @rioferdy5 – ‘More to Learn. Plenty to teach.’
- Jack Wilshere – @JackWilshere – ‘Come back for club. Prove it for country.’
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain – @Alex_OxChambo – ‘2012 is all about turning potential into performance – every single day.’
- Josh McEachran – @JMcEachran20 – ‘It’s easy to be a prospect. I’ll battle to break through.’
The ‘Make It Count’ campaign showcases elite British Nike athletes through black and white action portraits with the athletes’ own handwriting bringing to life their personal pledge.